Rails 3.1.0

Subscribe to Rails 3.1.0 4 posts, 2 voices

distler 123 posts

edited 12 years ago

I upgraded Heterotic Beast to Rails 3.1.0. Despite all my prior testing, the process didn’t go as smoothly as I would have liked, and this forum was pretty disrupted for most of Friday.

Should be back to normal now. But leave a comment here, if something’s still broken for you.

The main new feature is the Asset pipeline, which supposedly speeds the delivery of static files (CSS, javascript, and images). Unfortunately, the result seems buggy.

• The reference

"#{asset_path('something.png')}"

sometimes turns into (the correct)

"/forum/assets/something-5c4374aa4b1911ebbabb73883b3cd5c0.png"

and sometimes it turns into (the incorrect)

"/assets/something-5c4374aa4b1911ebbabb73883b3cd5c0.png"

I’m using some Apache-fu to redirect the latter, but that shouldn’t be necessary.

• I had to switch to Sass (from .css.erb) to get URLs for background images to include the fingerprint. I.e., within a .css.erb file, the above generates

"/assets/something.png"

Other minor bugs include:

• The acts_as_state_machine gem uses some deprecated methods, which generate a warning in the User model. There’s a Rails 3.1 fork which fixes the problem. But it’s unclear when, if ever, that will be released as a gem.

• Prototype 1.7.0 generates a Javascript error

Error: mismatched tag. Expected </link>.
     Source File:
     <div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><link></div>

The problem is in the LINK_ELEMENT_INNERHTML_BUGGY function, where you could replace <link> with <link/> to silence the error. This was not a problem in Prototype 1.6.x.

admin Administator 63 posts

edited 12 years ago

Now on Rails 3.1.1.

distler 123 posts

edited 10 years ago

Heterotic Beast is now a Rails 3.2 application. (There’s an updated acts_as_state_machine gem, among other things which make this transition smooth.)

This forum is currently running on Rails 3.2.16.